Friday, January 15, 2010

stretch

(from a Facebook app.)

"On this day of your life, Doug, we believe God wants you to know ... that God sees you as you truly are - a holy child of light:

'I see you strong and whole. I see you blessed and prospered. I see you courageous and confident. I see you capable and successful. I see you free from all limitations or bondage of any kind. I see you as the spiritually perfect being you truly are.' "


not going to lie - that's a bit much.
whatever God says is true. were "we" hearing Him or just being Hallmarkish?
if it were anyone but God I would tell them to lay off the peyote.
I'm not given to relying on Facebook apps. for spiritual insight, but a body can't help but wonder if there is any way this could actually be true.
and if it is, why can't I see things the same way? any idea how much of my thoughts and actions have to be ignored or denied to make this stick? do you not know what a showcase of depravity we have here? everything God hates about fallen man in one convenient location.
I exist too much. I need to cut back.
God if this is true then how do I see it?
if it ain't I'd very much like it to be, but it won't unless You do it. didn't say I wouldn't, said I can't. think You know that.
this hurts.

No comments: